Senate Bill 255 was signed into law on Jan. 4, 2019, creating the Home Inspector Program, to be headed up by the Department of Commerce’s Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing.
Affective July 1st, 2021, any person performing a home inspection for a client, for compensation, must be actively licensed with the Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing.
Per: Edward Woodruff, Division Counsel, Ohio Department of Commerce
Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing
77 South High Street, 20th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
John Woodall, Best Choice Home Inspections, is now licensed in Ohio.
When choosing a home inspection company make sure yours is licensed.
Here is why:
An Ohio licensed home inspector must:
- Pass a state and federal criminal background check
- Be covered by a comprehensive or commercial general liability insurance policy
- Complete a license application and provide proof by signed affidavit that the applicant has met three of the following eight requirements prior to April 5, 2019; Update: The grandfathering period ends on January 10, 2020
- Completed at least 200 home inspections for compensation from clients;
- Successfully passed a national home inspector examination within two years from the date an application is submitted to the Division;
- Actively operated a home inspection business in Ohio for three years;
- Was employed as a home inspector with a home inspector business for 36 consecutive months;
- Successfully completed 80 hours of home inspector education;
- Currently maintains an active home inspector license in a jurisdiction where the requirements to obtain that license are substantially similar to Ohio’s home inspector license requirements;
- Prepared at least five home inspection reports that have been verified as being compliant with standards adopted by a national home inspector organization;
- Completed at least one peer review session conducted by a national home inspector organization within one year prior to April 5, 2019.
Make the best choice with Best Choice Home Inspections.
PRICING & SCHEDULING
Call or Text